TOPICS FOR SPEAKING – NEW BOOK 7
UNIT 1: MY HOBBIES
1. Do you like collecting anything? If yes, describe it. If no, say briefly why you don’t.
2. Describe one thing that you often do in your free time.
3. Would you like to be outdoor or indoor? Give reasons for your choice.
4. Describe one thing that you do not like doing and give some reasons to explain.
5. Do you take part in activities or do you prefer watching others? Why?
UNIT 2: HEALTH
1.What are some activities people often do to keep fit? Describe one of them.
2. What do you do to stay healthy?
3. What advice can you give to help stay healthy?
4. Your friend is going to gain weight. Give him or her some advice on how to stay fit.
5. One of your friends is down with flu. Give some advice to him or her.
UNIT 3: COMMUNITY SERVICE
1. Do you do anything to help with the community? Describe it. If not, talk about one thing you can do to help.
2. What can we do to keep the surroundings green and clean?
3. You are doing a clean-up in your neighbourhood. Discuss the plan for your activity.
4. You want to contribute to the community. Describe one thing you think you can help and say what you may do.
5. Have you ever volunteered to do anything to help the community better? If yes, describe it. If no, talk about the things you would do for the community.
UNIT 4: MUSIC AND ARTS
1. Do you listen to music? If yes, describe the kind of music you listen to. If no, give reasons for your preference.
2. What are arts? Describe one piece of arts that impresses you.
3. Is there any festival in your neighbourhood? If yes, describe it to your friends. If no, talk about the event(s) that you would like to attend.
4. Some people cannot live without music. Give some explanations for this.
5. Choose a form of arts or a kind of music and describe it to your friends.
UNIT 5: VIETNAMESE FOOD AND DRINK
1. Describe one of your typical dinners. What do you eat and drink in that meal?
2. What do you often have for your breakfast? Describe them.
3. Describe one special dish that you would like to ·have in Viet Nam.
4. Descibre the food that you hate or you love eating.
5. What do you prefer, meat or vegetables? Give reasons for your choice.
UNIT 6: THE FIRST UNIVERSITY IN VIET NAM
1. Describe a historic place that you have visited or would like to visit and say why you choose it.
2. One of your friends want to spend his or her holiday near a historic place. Recommend him or her a place and give reasons for your choice.
3. One of your classmates is going on a trip to the mountains. Advise him or her what to bring and not to bring.
4. One of your classmates is going on a trip to the seaside. Advise him or her what to bring and not to bring.
5. Have you ever been to the capital city of Viet Nam? If yes, describe the place(s) that you visited. If no, what would you like to see?
UNIT 7: TRAFFIC
1. Describe the way from your home to school.
2. How do you go to school? Would you like to go by another means or not? Why?
3. What do the different colours on the traffic signs mean? Tell your friends about some of the signs that you know and their meanings.
4. What are the causes of traffic jams? What do you think people can do to help?
5. How would you like to travel a long distance? Describe the means of transport you would use and give the reasons for your choice.
UNIT 8: FILMS
1. Describe one of the films that you have seen recently.
2. What kinds of movies would you like to see? Say why and describe it.
3. Talk about one actor/ actress that you like or don’t like.
4. What do you think the reasons for people going to the cinema are?
5. What is the best/ worst film that you have seen recently? Say why and describe it.
UNIT 9: FESTIVALS AROUND THE WORLD
1. Describe one festival in your country that you know to your friends.
2. Choose one festival in the world that you want to visit and describe it to your friends.
3. Describe one festival in your country that you know to your friends.
4. What are the different purposes of festivals in the world and in your country? Select one reason and give your opinion.
5. If you could hold a festival, what would you choose and why?
UNIT 10: SOURCES OF ENERGY
1. What are some non-renewable sources of energy? Talk about the possible bad effects they have on the environment.
2. What are some renewable sources of energy? Talk about the-possible benefits they bring to the environment.
3. What can you do to reduce the energy bills in your family?
4. Your school needs to cut down on electricity bill. Make suggestions and recommendations to the principal.
5. What can people/ the government do to save non-renewable sources of energy for our next generations?
UNIT 11: TRAVELLING IN THE FUTURE
1. How do you think people in the future will travel? Describe one form of travel that you think will be the same in the next 300 years.
2. What are the possible problems if people have their own flying cars in the future?
3. Describe one form of travel that you think will be different in the future.
4. Will space travel become true in the future? Say what you think and why.
5. If you can have your ideal vehicle in the future, what is it? Describe it.
UNIT 12: AN OVERCROWDED WORLD
1. What are the possible reasons for overpopulation?
2.What are the possible effects on the environment when there are too many people living in a small area?
3. Describe a place that you would like to live and give reasons for your choice.
4. Think of the possible problems you may have when living in a very crowded city and tell your friends about them.
5. What are the possible effects on the healthcare, traffic, and infrastructure systems when there are too many people living in a city?